[R-sig-ME] Help with a multiresponse model

Voeten, C.C. c@c@voeten @end|ng |rom hum@|e|denun|v@n|
Wed Mar 20 14:09:52 CET 2019

Hi Matteo,

Ah, I see. I had missed that each of your larvae would be a single column of observations. I thought you had multiple dependent measures (e.g. 'ct_day1', 'ct_day2', 'ct_day3') and wanted to fit a multi-response model to those, with larvae as rows.

Would it work if you transformed your data into long format, so that larvae become rows instead of columns and you get an additional column 'larva'? In that case, you could just run something like gam(ct ~ s(WDS) + cros4 + s(larva,bs='re')) (possibly also including random slopes for larva and factor smooths for WDS by larva, and possibly also including a factor for measurement day). That wouldn't be a multi-response model anymore, but from what you've shown it seems to me that this is actually closer to what you want?

Best,
Cesko

Van: Matteo Redana <matteo.redana using hotmail.com>
Verzonden: woensdag 20 maart 2019 12:29
Aan: Voeten, C.C. <c.c.voeten using hum.leidenuniv.nl>; 'r-sig-mixed-models using r-project.org' <r-sig-mixed-models using r-project.org>
Onderwerp: RE: Help with a multiresponse model

Dear Cesko,
Do you suggest this approach? (see attached table with a subset of three larvae ct1,ct2 and ct3)

new<-gam(list(ct1~s(WDS,k=3)+cros4,ct2~s(WDS,k=3)+cros4,ct3~s(WDS,k=3)+cros4),data=linrathen,method="REML",family = mvn(d=3))

where WDS is temperature of water, cros4 is a crossbasis object to look at the lagged effect (lag=240, means 10 days)
I have these problems:
I have each sampling days ca. 30 larvae: means that mvn(d=30)?
Given that in the three different sampling days the individuals are different I am assuming that in the same column the individual is the same.
I hope to be clear, if you need other info just ask.
Many Thanks
Matteo

Sent from https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986 for Windows 10