[R-sig-ME] Random effects in multinomial regression in R?

Souheyla GHEBGHOUB @ouhey|@@ghebghoub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Mar 18 19:11:23 CET 2019

I have *Change* from Pretest to Posttest (gain, no_gain, decline) as the
DV. Also *Pretest* and *Group* as covariates. This called for a multinomial
regression:

mod0 <- brm(Change ~ Pretest + Group)

*Question: *I'd like to add random effects of *Subject* and *Word*, which
may differ by time, but I don't have effect of *Time* to do:

mod1 <- brm(Change ~ Pretest + Group + (Time|Subject) + (Time|Word))

So I thought of this:

mod2 <- brm(Change ~ Pretest + Group + (1|Subject) + (1|Word))

but this also seems wrong to me. What do you think is the best way to treat
random effects in this situation, please?

Thank you

Souheyla Ghebghoub