[R-sig-ME] Compound Symmetry Covariance structure

Yashree Mehta y@@hree19 @ending from gm@il@com
Mon Jan 7 16:12:38 CET 2019

Hi Ben,

the log-likelihoods of the original and the
compound-symmetrized models are the same. However, there is a shift in the
location of the kernel density plots of the random intercept when I compare
the ones from the original and the compound-symmetrized models. I
understand that there are no correlation parameters to model and so the the
log-likelihoods of the original and the
compound-symmetrized models are the same. I was wondering whether the
explicit accounting for compound symmetry by updating the original model is
necessary or simply a random intercept specification is enough for inducing
a compound symmetric covariance structure?

Thank you very much,

Regards,
Yashree