[R-sig-ME] R Consortium call for funding

Manuel Ramon m@r@mon@fern@ndez @ending from gm@il@com
Wed Sep 26 12:52:46 CEST 2018

I totally agree with you, Ben. I have to admit that all the tidyverse world
has suppose a great improvement in the way I work with data, but in the
end, almost all my analyses conclude with the nlme/lme4 packages. So I
think it is worth investing funds and time on it.

As suggested by others, the inclusion of the variance functions from nlme
would be very useful. Also, some of the capabilities of the mixed.models in
Julia language in terms of computation time and data size would be very
welcome, but this latter it is probably very difficult (almost impossible)
given that they are to different platforms.

In any case, thanks for the initiative and I hope it will go ahead.

Regards,
Manuel