[R-sig-ME] Extracting a p-value for a random effect in glmer

Phillip Alday phillip@@ld@y @ending from mpi@nl
Tue Sep 18 20:14:10 CEST 2018

Not answering your question at all, but a binomial model doesn't seem
like the right choice for litter_size, which I assume is a count
variable and not binomially distributed, just on account of biology ....

Related to that: why do you want a p-value for your random effects? In
other words, what's your actual inferential question? Are you interested
in whether mothers differ? Do you have multiple litters from each mother?

Phillip