[R-sig-ME] [EXTERNAL] Extracting a p-value for a random effect in glmer

Philippi, Tom tom_philippi @ending from np@@gov
Tue Sep 18 20:09:58 CEST 2018

Eric--
Ben Bolker has kindly covered that in his useful Mixed Models FAQ:
http://bbolker.github.io/mixedmodels-misc/glmmFAQ.html#testing-significance-of-random-effects

Tom

"To do science is to search for repeated patterns, not simply to accumulate
facts..."   --Robert MacArthur 1972, Geographical Ecology
"Statistical methods of analysis are intended to aid the interpretation of
data that are subject to appreciable haphazard variability"    --Cox &
Hinkley 1974; Theoretical Statistics

Tom Philippi
Quantitative Ecologist & Data Therapist
Inventory and Monitoring Program