[R-sig-ME] first release of broom.mixed

Ben Bolker bbolker @ending from gm@il@com
Sun Aug 26 01:02:03 CEST 2018

  Hi folks,

 I've been working on the 'broom.mixed' package for the last while; this
package provides a unified and (hopefully) clean interface to a variety
of mixed model packages. It's an extension of the 'broom' package, which
is a broader package for "tidying" statistical models ... the intention
is that eventually broom.mixed will take over tidying for mixed model
packages.

  I'm hoping to send it to CRAN in the very near future.  I'm interested
in feedback, **especially those that have implications for the API**
(i.e., changes that would affect backward compatibility if I were to
make them in the future).

  https://github.com/bbolker/broom.mixed/issues

  If you like broom.mixed, you might like the huxtable and dotwhisker
packages too ...

  At present the methods and objects covered are:

          tidy glance augment
brmsfit      1      1       1
gamlss       1      .       .
gamm4        1      1       1
glmmadmb     1      1       1
glmmTMB      1      1       1
gls          1      1       .
lme          1      1       1
mcmc         1      .       .
MCMCglmm     1      .       .
merMod       1      1       1
ranef.mer    .      .       1
rjags        1      .       .
rlmerMod     1      .       .
stanfit      1      .       .
stanreg      1      1       .
TMB          1      .       .

I hope to add INLA tidiers at some point ...