[R-sig-ME] Fixed vs random effects with lme4

Yashree Mehta y@@hree19 @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Aug 23 19:05:43 CEST 2018

Thank you very much for your reply.

I see that the function "lm" is used for fixed effects and lmer for random
effects. I want to use lmer and specify a random intercept for the fixed
effects model. (In the terminology of efficiency analysis, it can be called
" fixed effects-random intercept" model.
To be more specific,

 A random intercept based on the Household_id is to be included for both
models:
1) Where it is assumed that the random intercept is correlated with
X-covariates (Fixed effects)
2)Where this not assumed. i.e. a correlation of 0. (Random effects)

Having estimated the two models, I want to conduct the Hausman test.

Thanks again,

Regards,
Yashree