[R-sig-ME] P-value associated to explanatory from glmer binomial family

Mario Garrido g@i@rrido @ending from gm@il@com
Wed May 23 13:14:59 CEST 2018

Dear lme4-users,
I am trying to get the P-value associated with a glmer model from the
binomial family.
My model is the following:
glmer(Infection.status~origin+ (1|donationID), family=binomial)->q7H

where Infection status is a dummy variable with two levels, infected and
uninfected
I tried to get the P-value associated to the the explanatory variable origin
but I get only the F-value and the degrees of freedom

(aov <- anova(q7H))
Analysis of Variance Table
         Df Sum Sq Mean Sq F value
origin   2 5.3061  2.6531  2.6531

I have 2 different questions
1. Am I doing correctly or am I using an incorrect command?

2. with the F-value I get and the df, should I go to test the significance
to a F or Chi-squared table? I guess I should go to the latest since I am
running a binomial test, right?
In case I have to go to an F table, how can I know the numerator and
denominator degrees of freedom?

Thanks in advance