[R-sig-ME] It's hours I am trying to install emmeans

Dan McCloy drmccloy @ending from uw@edu
Mon May 21 17:22:53 CEST 2018

Whenever you get a message saying something "finished with non-zero exit
status", that means something went wrong, and almost certainly the software
is not properly installed.  Without more information about the specific
error messages, there is little we can do to help.  I suggest you try a
site like https://askubuntu.com/ for general help with installing software
for Ubuntu...  this email list is more focused on how to perform mixed
effects analysis, not how to install the packages.

As far as general advice when faced with problems like this, the first step
is to read the messages in the terminal.  Buried in there will often be a
clue to what is going wrong, like "no space left on disk", "permission
denied", or "prerequisite not available".