[R-sig-ME] Cheking for outliers after fitting a glmmTMB

Fox, John jfox @ending from mcm@@ter@c@
Mon May 21 14:43:53 CEST 2018

Dear Irene,

You're apparently trying to use the leveragePlot() function in the car package. That doesn't plot residuals vs. hat-values (leverages) but is rather a variation on added-variable plots.

The car package does have some influence diagnostics for mixed models, but unfortunately only for models fit with functions in the lme4 and nlme packages. See ?influence.mixed.models . Perhaps you can adapt our code to the glmmTMB package.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox, Professor Emeritus
McMaster University