[R-sig-ME] It's hours I am trying to install emmeans

Luca Danieli mr@luced@n @ending from hotm@il@it
Mon May 21 14:03:44 CEST 2018

Hi there,

As said above, I am trying to install emmeans since a few hours. I am in Ubuntu 18.04.

I have attempted different approaches, but it's always the same: the package starts downloading and it gets slower and slower, until my machine becomes unusable, and the installation keeps running - probably it get stuck in a loop; maybe I just have to wait, I don't understand.

Sure is that right now I have tried to install a dependency alone, to break down the installation process into more achievable steps, and I am installing the "shinystan" package, which, great news, has just finished after 10 minutes by saying that had non-zero exit status.

Now I will continue installing some dependencies, but if you were aware why it takes so long, it would be nice to know if there is any problem.

Best
Luca