[R-sig-ME] How can I make R using more than 1 core (8 available) on a Ubuntu Rstudio server ?

Nicolas Bédère n.bedere at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 09:15:24 CET 2018

Dear glmmTMB users,

I have tried the solution proposed by Ben Bolker since our serveur is a
R-studio serveur, I could not try Julia.
It runs faster indeed, thanks ! I don't want to put on a scene an old
fight... but to publish in animal science we need P-values, whatever are
the good reasons for not getting some... our community is not ready yet !
with the lmer packages I used to get the global effects with Anova:car. The
glmmTMB objects are not supported by this function. Do you know any
solution to get the global effect of the factor instead of the effect of
each levels ?

Many thanks,
Nicolas