[R-sig-ME] glmmADMB errors

andreu blanco andreu.blanco at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 14:08:02 CEST 2017

Thanks Mollie,
In fact, I am following instructions from the Zuur's book Beginner's guide
to zero inflated models and he suggests something similar to what you have
proposed. Hurdle models:
First modelling with a binomial distribution when biomass is present or not
and second, once is present with Gamma see which variables are affecting
the present biomass, plus glueing both models together in a ZAG. However I
am having some further problems since one of my varibles is random and
nested, which I think the model doesn't like that much, although it allows
to use glmer in such cases.
However, using glmmADMB with the gamma family still returns errors:
> Model_ADMB_G<-glmmadmb(Biomass~Protection*Exposure+(1|Protection/Location),data=GLMMADMB_P,
family="gamma")

Error in glmmadmb(Biomass ~ Protection + Exposure + Protection:Exposure +
:
  The function maximizer failed (couldn't find parameter file)
Troubleshooting steps include (1) run with 'save.dir' set and inspect
output files; (2) change run parameters: see '?admbControl';(3) re-run with
debug=TRUE for more information on failure mode
Además: Warning message:
comando ejecutado 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c glmmadmb -maxfn 500
-maxph 5 -noinit -shess' tiene estatus 1

I hope someone can see what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance