[R-sig-ME] No functions in the glmmADMB package?

Jack Thorley jbt27 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Sep 14 18:14:11 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I have been trying to install the glmmADMB package in order to run a
binomial GLMM with zero inflation. After following the various
suggestions on http://glmmadmb.r-forge.r-project.org/, whichever
repository I selected returned the same error concerning non-zero
status. For example:

    -  install.packages("glmmADMB", repos =
"http://R-Forge.R-project.org")

    -    Warning in install.packages :
        running command '"C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-34~1.1/bin/x64/R" CMD INSTALL
-l "C:\Users\jackt\Documents\R\win-library\3.4"
C:\Users\jackt\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpiYmfyc/downloaded_packages/glmmADMB_0.8.3.3.tar.gz'
had status 65535
        Warning in install.packages :
        installation of package ‘glmmADMB’ had non-zero exit status

I thought I had got around the issue by installing locally from source
via the zip file https://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=847  [version
0.8.3.3], except I cannot run the glmmadmb function from the package, as
it is not there.

Any suggestions to overcome these problems. I am running 3.4.1 on a
windows 64-bit machine.

thanks in advance
Jack