[R-sig-ME] meaning of lmer formula

Fox, John jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu Sep 7 14:27:22 CEST 2017

Dear Don,

Have you read the vignette on lmer() in the package?

	vignette("lmer", package="lme4")

It also appeared as a paper in the Journal of Statistical Software.

It strikes me that your questions can also be answered by just trying the various formulas that you propose and examining the output.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox, Professor Emeritus
McMaster University