[R-sig-ME] meaning of lmer formula

Jake Westfall jake.a.westfall at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 06:47:54 CEST 2017

Hi Don,

Is there some documentation I should be reading about this rather
> than asking all these questions?  Other than the code, that is?

Not sure if it would answer *all* your questions but have a look at the R
GLMM FAQ, the relevant section of which is here:
http://bbolker.github.io/mixedmodels-misc/glmmFAQ.html#model-specification

It's a great resource on mixed models generally.

Jake