[R-sig-ME] GAMM4 error

dani orchidn at live.com
Tue Aug 15 21:07:02 CEST 2017

Hello everyone,

I am a beginner struggling with GAMM4. I employed a GAMM4 model using a binomial distribution involving two smoothers and two random intercepts (corresponding to a structure involving observations cross-classified into two groups: pupils and neighbourhoods):

model <- gamm4(y ~ x1+x2+s(x3)+s(x4), random=~ (1|pupil)+(1|neigh), data=mydata, family= binomial)

I received the following error message:
Error in smooth.construct.tp.smooth.spec(object, dk$data, dk$knots) :
  NA/NaN/Inf in foreign function call (arg 1)

I was wondering if anyone can please help me elucidate what might this mean.

Best regards, everyone!
Nicole-Miki

<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>