[R-sig-ME] Question on random effect

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (SP) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Wed Jul 12 10:43:09 CEST 2017

Another example where random effects are not assumed to be independent is phylogenetic models. Based on a phylogeny, we can construct a correlation matrix that indicates the phylogenetic relatedness of the species. Random effects for species are then assumed to be correlated accordingly.

Best,
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Viechtbauer, Ph.D., Statistician | Department of Psychiatry and
Neuropsychology | Maastricht University | P.O. Box 616 (VIJV1) | 6200 MD