[R-sig-ME] mixed model for nested factor?

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Mon May 8 20:35:29 CEST 2017

Dear Jinsong,

IMHO you want to detect a potential effect of warming. The amount of
warming seems to be less relevant. Therefore I'd recode temperature into a
factor with two levels: warming = yes and warming = no.
Then add the interaction between warming and season to the model. That will
take care of the difference in warming between spring and fall.

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Forest
Kliniekstraat 25