[R-sig-ME] problems to run MCMCglmm to estimate heritability

Juan Jose Martinez bio.jjmartinez at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 20:16:09 CET 2017

Dear folks

I am assessing the heritability of morphological traits in a wild
population of a parakeet and I am trying to apply animal models with
the MCMCglmm package. My main problem is to run the function MCMCglmm
due to an error message:

“Error in MCMCglmm(PESO ~ 1, random = ~animal, pedigree = fixordped,
data = cotorras_traits,  :

  some levels of animal do not have a row entry in ginverse”

What I am doing wrong?

I checked the pedigree with pedantics but I did not see any error with it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,

Juan Jose Martinez
Investigador Asistente CONICET
Instituto de Ecorregiones Andinas (INECOA, CONICET-UNJu)