[R-sig-ME] modeling question

Joaquín Aldabe joaquin.aldabe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 22:24:21 CET 2017

ok. These are the models I wrote. I'm attaching the data frame. The
variables mean.biom is the biomass in each count, Trysu_dens is the density
of birds in each count and Plot_name is the id of each plot. Let me know if
I'm not explaining myself adequately.

1) model with random intercept:

m2=lme(Trysu_dens~mean.biom, random=~1|Plot_name, data=try.dens.biom)

2) model with random slope and intercept, centering biomass with the mean

try.dens.biom$mean.biom.c=try.dens.biom$mean.biom-152.46
m2.1=lme(Trysu_dens~mean.biom.c, random=~mean.biom.c|Plot_name,
data=try.dens.biom)