[R-sig-ME] metafor: estimate correlation between response variables (meta-analysis)

Gustaf Granath gustaf.granath at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 15:55:02 CET 2016

Hi,

Im sorry if my toy example wasnt clear. You almost got it right though.
But yi is not independent for different treatments within a study. I
have the estimated covariance though, so no problem to account for this.
In my example I did include this covariance when I constructed V (I used
the outcome covariance in the berkey1998 data to illustrate this). If I
understand you correctly, the best way check the influence of
within-study correlation between responses, is to manually add
covariances (try a range of reasonable values) between responses in V. I
will try that - although, Im not sure that it is easy to implement.

Thanks,

Gustaf