[R-sig-ME] How to estimate the standard error of every single random intercept in a mixed linear model?

Phillip Alday Phillip.Alday at unisa.edu.au
Fri Nov 11 00:48:49 CET 2016

(Try to keep the list in CC.)

See ?lme4::ranef

And take a look at the lme4 source code for ranef() and condVar(), as
well as the papers / manuscripts included with the lme4 package:

vignette("lmer",package="lme4")
vignette("Theory",package="lme4")

Maybe one of the lme4 developers could contribute an answer faster than
I can go through the math / source again?

Best,
Phillip