[R-sig-ME] MCMCglmm multivariate meta-analysis with covariance

Jarrod Hadfield j.hadfield at ed.ac.uk
Thu Oct 20 20:29:15 CEST 2016

Hi Jon,

MCMCglmm fits random-effect meta-analysis (I think this is what it is
caused) which assumes that even after correcting for sampling errors
there will be some 'real' between-observation variance (and in your case
covariance). I'm not sure what you are modelling, but at least in the
types of data I work with I can't really believe there isn't some
'real' between-observation variance.

Cheers,

Jarrod