[R-sig-ME] Exponent random effect in nlmer

Cole, Tim tim.cole at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Oct 12 11:02:17 CEST 2016

That’s a useful thought, though I’m not sure how I would estimate the random effect in a null model.

Also, incorporating it in the full model as a covariate would need it to be additive, which would violate the constraint on E(y).
---
tim.cole at ucl.ac.uk<mailto:tim.cole at ucl.ac.uk> Phone +44(0)20 7905 2666 Fax +44(0)20 7905 2381
Population Policy and Practice Programme
UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health, London WC1N 1EH, UK