[R-sig-ME] Model diagnostics show slope in residuals plot and slope on the observed vs fitted plot is different than y = x

Carlos Familia carlosfamilia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 10:51:36 CEST 2016

Dear Thierry,

The image can be found here https://s4.postimg.org/lj5xf0rpp/Screen_Shot_2016_10_03_at_09_44_28.png <https://s4.postimg.org/lj5xf0rpp/Screen_Shot_2016_10_03_at_09_44_28.png>

Let me add another thing to the discussion, I was trying different models, and I tried the following

lmer( Y ~ X + (1 | C), data = df)

For which the residuals are distributed in a form I was expecting, however I am missing the part of the same individual being measured for different conditions, the plots can be found here, https://s25.postimg.org/oupckrapr/Screen_Shot_2016_10_03_at_09_49_20.png <https://s25.postimg.org/oupckrapr/Screen_Shot_2016_10_03_at_09_49_20.png>

Thank you,
Carlos Família