[R-sig-ME] Question about zero-inflated Poisson glmer

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Tue Jun 28 13:39:37 CEST 2016

Dear Philipp,

I'm wondering if there is some kind of 'detection limit' in the dataset.
After looking at the data I get the feeling that all values below 10 are
set at zero.
The relation between the counts and the covariates a and b are not linear.
They have an optimum.
The proportion of zero's is not constant but varies with the covariates. So
you need to model that can handle that. Many models assume that the
zero-inflation is constant.

I'd settle for a set of two models: a logistic regression for the zero or
count and a negative binomial for the non-zero counts. A truncate negative
binomial distribution (that doesn't have values below 10) would be ideal.

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Forest
Kliniekstraat 25