[R-sig-ME] Question about zero-inflated Poisson glmer

Philipp Singer killver at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 10:14:04 CEST 2016

You can find a sample of the data here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqqxmc3wp225lug/r_sample.csv.gz?dl=1

You can think of the setting as popularity of items "y" inside stores
"id" explained by two features "a" and "b" whereas "a" is more of a
control covariate and I am interested in whether "b" has a positive impact.

The current baseline formula would be "y~1+b+(1|id)". Extending the
formula does improve the model, but not really my core problem of
strange predictions e.g., "y~1+b+a+(1|id)" or "y~1+b+a+(1|id)+(0+b|id)".
My main goal is to make inference on "a", but I cannot really trust the
significant coefficients due to the model fit.

Thanks a lot for your help again!
Philipp