[R-sig-ME] Residual variance random effect GLMM

Fraixedas, Sara sara.fraixedas at helsinki.fi
Sat Jun 18 17:30:24 CEST 2016

Dear all,

I want to calculate the percentage variance explained by a random effect in a GLMM fitted using the "glmmADMB" package. For that I would need to know what is the residual variance but it is not given in "VarCorr.glmmadmb" or in the summary output command.

How can I extract the residual variance from a random effect in this particular case?

Thank you in advance,

Sara Fraixedas
Doctoral Student
The Helsinki Lab of Ornithology (HelLO) Finnish Museum of Natural
History P.O. Box 17
00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Tel. +358-9-19128851