[R-sig-ME] Question about random effects

Adriana Maldonado Chaparro maldonado.aa at gmail.com
Mon May 23 17:13:13 CEST 2016

Greetings,

I want to ask for advise on the following issue:
I fitted a mixed model where I'm trying to explain variation in Litter Sex
Ratio as a function of social network position. In this model the random
effect, individual identity, explained none of the variance, and one of the
reviewers argued that I should exclude it from my model because of these
reason. I think I should keep it because I have repeated measures. What are
your thoughts on this matter?

Thanks in advance,

Adriana Maldonado
Postdoctoral Researcher