[R-sig-ME] mixed mutlinomial regression for count data with, overdisperion & zero-inflation

Stéphanie Périquet stephanie.periquet at gmail.com
Wed May 18 09:26:56 CEST 2016

Yeah thanks Alain, I'm definitely planning to buy this book!

So I looked at the zeros in my data abased on you advice and I did the
following:
mod<-glmer(count~item+item:season+item:moon+item:season:moon+(1|indiv/obs)+(1|id),family=poisson,nAGQ=0,data=diet3)
z<-simulate(mod,nsim=1000)

For the original data I have 69.3% of zeros while the average over the 1000
simulations is 63.5%.Is there a way to statistically compare these 2
values? Or could you say that these 2 figures are not very different and
then zero inflation models might not be necessary?

Best,
Stephanie