[R-sig-ME] Comparing mixed models

Alex Fine abfine at gmail.com
Mon May 9 05:20:16 CEST 2016

The problem (depending on what you're trying to do) with comparing model 1
and model 2 is that, if you observe, say, a large change in the AIC, it's
not clear what to attribute the change to.  It could be driven either by
the fixed effect of Sector or by the random intercept for Cage.  Maybe it
doesn't matter in your case.