[R-sig-ME] Random slopes for 2 variables and random intercept for 1 variable

Shadiya Al Hashmi saah500 at york.ac.uk
Wed Apr 27 17:46:29 CEST 2016

Many thanks indeed Thierry!

I tried both options, one with no variation in the intercept and another
with correlated intercept as in maxmodal1 and maxmodal1.1.
When I compared them using anova, the one with no variation in the
intercept was found to better fit the data.

Data: msba
Models:
maxmodal1: match ~ Listgp + length + context + gender + age + freq. + (0 +
maxmodal1:     Listgp | stimulus) + (0 + length | listener) + (0 + context

maxmodal1:     listener)
maxmodal1.1: match ~ Listgp + length + context + gender + age + freq. +
(length +
maxmodal1.1:     context | listener) + (Listgp | stimulus)
            Df    AIC    BIC  logLik deviance  Chisq Chi Df Pr(>Chisq)
maxmodal1   29 1169.5 1317.6 -555.73   1111.5
maxmodal1.1 31 1171.8 1330.2 -554.90   1109.8 1.6631      2     0.4354

My task now is to decide whether I need the one with or without variation
in the intercept!

Thanks again Thierry.

Best wishes,

Shad