[R-sig-ME] Mixed Effects Models to compare different testing sites

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Mon Apr 25 11:02:39 CEST 2016

Dear Matthew,

You need to transform the data into long format. Then you can model the
correlation with lme (not lmer). Here is an example.

library(dplyr)
library(nlme)

long.data <- ddata %>%
  mutate(Timestamp = as.POSIXct(Timestamp)) %>%
  gather(key = "Site", value = "Measurement", 10:12) %>%
  mutate(
    Site = gsub("Sample", "", Site),
    Siteint = as.integer(factor(Site)),
    ID = factor(Timestamp)