[R-sig-ME] na.action in lmer()

Ravi Varadhan ravi.varadhan at jhu.edu
Thu Apr 21 23:19:42 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am fitting a model like this with random intercept and random slope using lme4::lmer.

lmer(y ~ time + (time|Patient), REML="FALSE", na.action=na.omit)

The `na.omit' option is the default. However, I would like to include patients with one or missing values in their time trajectory.  Which NA handling option would I use?

Thank you,
Ravi

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D. (Biostatistics), Ph.D. (Environmental Engg)
Associate Professor,  Department of Oncology
Division of Biostatistics & Bionformatics
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center
Johns Hopkins University
550 N. Broadway, Suite 1111-E
Baltimore, MD 21205
410-502-2619