[R-sig-ME] Questions concerning glmmADMB and hurdle model

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Tue Apr 5 09:22:34 CEST 2016

Dear Amirouche,

A common misconception is that a lot of zero's in the the response
automatically implies zero-inflation. Poisson or negative binomial
distributions with low expected values yield a lot of zero's, even without
zero-inflation.

So my advice would be to fit a Poisson or negative binomial model and test
if there is any zero-inflation.

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Forest