[R-sig-ME] Multiple binary responses per ID and time

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Mon Mar 21 16:29:51 CET 2016

Dear Lize,

So the response for individual i at time i is (x_it, n_it). Does the
predictor has the same amount of trials as the responses (y_it, n_it)? If
so, do you have information on the n_it Bernouilli trials of both the
response and the predictor? If that is the case then you can model the
individual Bernoulli trials.

If you don't have the information at that detail, then you have to turn the
binomial predictor into a proportion. With a Bayesian hierarchical model
you can first model the predictor and then uses this modelled proportion as
a predictor for the response. There is an example in the INLA FAQ:
http://www.r-inla.org/faq#TOC-Can-I-have-the-linear-predictor-from-one-model-as-a-covariate-in-a-different-model-

Best regards,

Thierry

ir. Thierry Onkelinx