[R-sig-ME] R lme() - MEEM error (singularity in Backsolve) due to user-specified contrasts amount (?)

Daniel Preciado danprec at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 2 12:09:45 CET 2016

Hello Ben,

Thanks a lot for your feedback! I get it now, I think. My biggest concern was that the fitting itself, getting such an error made me a bit distrustful of the fitting result. But if I understand you correctly, I can leave the contrast out while fitting the model, and then just "manually" check the contrasts.

I can forward sample data and the code if you think it is helpful (thanks for making me realize about the typo in the contrasts, should be 0, 1, -1), but you have already solved the issue for me.

Thanks again,