[R-sig-ME] hurdle modfels in glmmadmb

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 17:11:53 CET 2016

[cc'ing r-sig-mixed-models]

if you assume that the zero-causing process and the non-zero
count-determining process are independent (which is not necessarily
true, but which I think you're more or less forced to assume by
identifiability issues in the absence of more information), then you
should just be able to add the two distinct AIC values for the two
components of the model to get a single AIC value.  (Since the processes
are independent, the log-likelihoods are additive, and the number of
parameters in the combined model is clearly additive too.)
    You could cross-check by checking what the pscl package does (it
deals with zero-inflated GLMs too, although not mixed zero-inflated GLMs).