[R-sig-ME] Simulating Data from a Linear Mixed Model

Hintz, F. (Florian) F.Hintz at let.ru.nl
Thu Nov 5 15:55:51 CET 2015

Hi,

I have a question that is very much related to an already existing post (https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mixed-models/2007q3/000293.html), however, I don’t seem to be able to get it to run for my purposes.

I would like to simulate additional data based on a linear mixed effect model that has the following structure:

model.full = lmer(rt_log ~ condition + (1+condition|item) + (1+condition|subj), data = data)

The dependent variable is continuous. The fixed factor ‘condition’ has two levels. Both random factors have random intercepts and random slopes by ‘condition’.

Best,
Florian.

--
Florian Hintz