[R-sig-ME] clustered data with glmer() and glmmPQL()

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Tue Jun 16 09:45:29 CEST 2015

You can use tank as a fixed effect instead of a random effect. In that case
your model reduces to a general linear model. Personally I prefer a
likelihood based model (glmer) over a penalised quasi-likelihood model
(glmmPQL) unless I need things that are not available with glmer.

You need to use the log(weight) of the fish as an offset factor instead of
calculating the ratio.

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Forest
Kliniekstraat 25