[R-sig-ME] interactions lmer continuous and categorical fixed factor

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Mon Jun 1 17:18:52 CEST 2015

Dear Lotte,

I assume that the "one p-value for the interaction" is the p-value from
anova(model). Note that this tests a different hypothesis than the
hypothesis than summary(model) tests (without reporting p-values).

IMHO, p-values of parameters estimates are not that relevant. Confidence
intervals of those parameter estimates are much more relevant. I'd rather
report those.

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Forest