[R-sig-ME] estimating AR1 parameters of level one error

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Fri May 22 21:48:12 CEST 2015

Good point! In fact, besides the fact that the OP was not fitting exactly the same model, numerical instabilities may be another reason for why different values were obtained. I've been dealing with lots of analyses recently where we have 30-60 measurements per person, so fitting models with both random slopes and AR(1) structure is not an issue. But if there are only a handful of measurements, differences are more likely.

Best,
Wolfgang