[R-sig-ME] Choosing appropriate priors for bglmer mixed models in blme

Jarrod Hadfield j.hadfield at ed.ac.uk
Tue Mar 10 08:15:36 CET 2015

Hi Josie,

Yes - I would scale your input variables and go for the t-prior in
blme (I think the Cauchy prior is not implemented?). You might want to
up the scale a little from that recommended in order to deal with the
fact you may have non-zero random effects, but it might not make a big
difference if their variance isn't too large.

Cheers,

Jarrod

Quoting Josie Galbraith <josie.galbraith at gmail.com> on Tue, 10 Mar
2015 10:30:12 +1300: