[R-sig-ME] Example of Fixed Random effects decomposition

Manuel Ramon m.ramon.fernandez at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 23:01:10 CET 2015

Hi there,

A time ago, I found an example (I don't remember where) in which estimated
effects of fixed and random factors were removed from raw data. Thus,
removing effect of a fixed factor changed mean of raw data but not variance
(displaying as histogram). Contrary, removing random factor effect reduced
variability of raw data but not its mean (the histogram become more
narrower but having the same mean).

Does anyone know where I could I found such example or could help me
to produce one?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Manuel.

--

Manuel Ramón
m[dot]ramon[dot]fernandez[at]gmail[dot]com