[R-sig-ME] Multivariate analysis for proportional data

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Dec 24 16:05:36 CET 2014

On Wed, 24 Dec 2014, Mayara Amescua wrote:

> I have a data set owing some response variables with proportional values
> and independent variables of mixed effect. How it is possible performing a
> multivariate analysis of this type once the MCMCglmm package doesn't allow
> for binomial family?

Mayara,

   If your data are proportions you should look carefully at compositional
data analysis (CoDA). There are seveal R packages for this, including
'compositions', 'robCompositions' (robust compositions), and
'zCompositions'. For documention and lerning there are the 'Lecture Notes on
Compositoinsl Data Anayis' by Pawlowsky-Glahn, V., Egozcue, J. J., and
Tolosana-Delgado, R. (available as a PDF but I don't recall the URL
off-hand); 'Analyzing Compositional Data with R' by van den Boogaart, K.G.
and Tolosana-Delgado, R.; and 'A Concise Guide to Compositional Data
Analysis' by John Aitchison, also available as a PDF.

Happy learning,

Rich