[R-sig-ME] Error in predict a linear mixed model with predict

m.tasallizadeh m.tasallizadeh at modares.ac.ir
Sat Nov 22 07:57:37 CET 2014

Hi Dear Dr bolker.
Hope you are in good health. I amMeysam Tasallizadeh, a MSc. student in
statistics at Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran. I plan to work on
longitudinal data in my thesis.
I want to predict a linear mixed model with predict function that is below:

predict(f1,full.data)
Error in (function (x, n)  : new levels detected in newdata

full.data is dataframe that the has dimension 3600x6 and f1 is beloow:
            f1
<-lmer(y~time+time|indiv,data=comp.data[comp.data$weight!=0,],REML=REML,weights=NULL)
# lme fit.

I would highly appreciate it if you consider my question in error in predict
linear mixed model.
meysam tasallazadeh khemes
MSc. student of    Statistics
Department of Statistics