[R-sig-ME] Offset() in gls() in nlme

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Wed Nov 12 16:54:42 CET 2014

It may work if  you use the offset argument instead of putting an offset
term in the formula.  The model-fitting code in R (and S before it)
sometimes has the "there's more than one way to do it" approach of Perl.
This is convenient for users but not for those writing the code.  I believe
we implemented the offset argument form.