[R-sig-ME] parallel option of the bootMer function: warnings for parallel=no, but not for parallel=snow

Spronken, M. (Maitta) m.spronken at psych.ru.nl
Tue Nov 11 11:48:30 CET 2014

Hi Henrik,

Thank you very much for your reply! (and sorry for my very late response). I tried to make a minimal reproducible example by using a subset of my data, but I did not manage to replicate the exact same pattern of warnings. However, I am happy to email the original dataset and the script to whomever is interested in this problem and willing to help solve it.

To summarize the problem, when bootstrapping my model, I get the following pattern of warnings:
- When using set.seed(80) on Windows, parallel="no" and parallel="multicore" give warnings while parallel="snow" does not. When using set.seed(100) on Windows, neither parallel="no" and parallel="multicore" nor parallel="snow" give warnings.
- When using a Mac, for both set.seed(80) and set.seed(100), parallel="no" gives warnings while parallel="multicore" and parallel="snow" do not.

Thank you very much in advance for any suggestions!
Maitta